My Childhood Memory

Who doesn’t like food?  Food is that glue that brings people from different walks of life together. 

Eating, cooking, even growing food has always been a therapeutic remedy. In the 2020 COVID-19 crisis, householders are frantically searching for some good recipes to cook for themselves or their families.

This afternoon I wished to write something on this laptop, to use my creative juices. The first thing that came to my mind was my first memories of food.

I come from a big family of 2 working parents, a set of paternal grandparents and 3 sisters with varying personalities.

My Mom’s schedule was down to the last second.

She would always be up at the crack of dawn, long before we got up and started our daily schedule. She kept everything ready and would rush to reach her workplace on time. Even in those times, the Mumbai railway was extremely packed, and as fate would have it, mom always came back via the crowded train, but these experiences would never come in the way of her getting veggies and some snacks on her way back for her beloved family.

The most nostalgic and striking memory of my dinner time was the hot chapatis (Indian bread). After all the tiring day, mom used to make these garama garam rotis for all of us.

A rolled-up Hot roti with ghee was quite enjoyed by us but we had our favourite toppings like honey or mixed fruit jam

Until today, when I open the mixed fruit jam bottle, the aroma takes me back to my childhood.

& above all the nonstop roti consumption was on days we used to make shikrand  (mashed banana+ milk + sugar). I remember we sitting on the kitchen floor and mother serving us hot rotis straight from the Tawa... without counting them 😊

Aaaaah... Even writing about these things brings water to my mouth and my eyes. Those were the days.

 

LOVE

Ananya Save

www.vedusfoods.com

instagram.com/thelittlehouse.india

Edited by VED SAVE



Comments

  1. Very Good !! Nice initiative

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes those were the days, unforgettable memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well written. taken us back to memory lane.. i still crave for such a hot chapati... during my childhood days i used to have 12 at a time along with tea.. (seriously no exaggeration ). keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts